Board of Directors
SFDC’s 13-member Board of Directors represents a broad cross-section of community, business, economic development, and real estate leaders.
- Walter C. Clarke, President, Business Banking Vice President with Burke & Herbert Bank. Served on the SFDC board since 2011.
- John Thillmann, Vice President, Vice President of Landmark Atlantic Holdings, a Real Estate Development Firm with projects up and down the East Coast and in Texas. John has been actively involved with the SFDC since 2007.
- Bruce Leonard, Treasurer, Managing Principal of Streetsense. He has over 20 years of experience designing and executing mixed-use projects throughout the United States and Europe.
- Karen Pohorylo, Secretary, Owner of Pohorylo’z Fitness Upholstery. Karen is a native of the Mount Vernon area and an active member of Mount Vernon Council of Citizens’ Association, Fairfax Federation, and Engleside Civic Association.
SFDC Board of Directors
- Katy Fike, Realtor with McEnearney Associates. Member of the Mount Vernon-Lee Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
- Richard (Dick) Knapp has spent 27 years in the US Army and a decade in private industry. He has been involved with the revitalization of Richmond Highway since 1978, and is active in his community association church. He currently is the Chair of SFDC’s M-CAPT Committee.
- Vik Patel, Senior Vice President of Baywood Hotels.
- Tim Mulcahy, Lennar Multifamily Division President Mid-Atlantic and Northeast
- Mark Viani, Attorney, Bean Kinney. He was elected to the Board in 2014. He currently is the Chair of SFDCs’ Economic Development Committee.
- Ellen Young is a civic association president and the appointee of the Mount Vernon Council of Civic Associations.
- Chris Soule, former president of the Jefferson Manner Civic Association.
- Rebecca (Becky) Todd, President of Todd Restaurants, Inc.
- Carlos Heard, Acquisitions, B.F. Saul Company.