Board of Directors
SFDC’s 13-member Board of Directors represents a broad cross-section of community, business, economic development, and real estate leaders.
- Walter C. Clarke, President, Business Banking Vice President with Burke & Herbert Bank. Served on the SFDC board since 2011.
- John Thillmann, Vice President, Vice President of Landmark Atlantic Holdings, a Real Estate Development Firm with projects up and down the East Coast and in Texas. John has been actively involved with the SFDC since 2007.
- Bruce Leonard, Treasurer, Managing Principal of Streetsense. He has over 20 years of experience designing and executing mixed-use projects throughout the United States and Europe.
- Karen Pohorylo, Secretary, Owner of Pohorylo’z Fitness Upholstery. Karen is a native of the Mount Vernon area and an active member of Mount Vernon Council of Citizens’ Association, Fairfax Federation, and Engleside Civic Association.
SFDC Board of Directors
- Dr. Dean Bellas, Ph.D, President of Urban Analytics. Dean’s research interests include regional and local developmental growth patterns, economic and fiscal impact effects of real estate development on municipal government, and economic development policy.
- Katy Fike, Realtor with McEnearney Associates. Member of the Mount Vernon-Lee Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
- Claiborne Gayden, Director of Development of the School of Management at George Mason University. He has served on the SFDC Board since 2013.
- Richard (Dick) Knapp has spent 27 years in the US Army and a decade in private industry. He has been involved with the revitalization of Richmond Highway since 1978, and is active in his community association church. He currently is the Chair of SFDC’s M-CAPT Committee.
- Vik Patel, Senior Vice President of Baywood Hotels. Joined the Board in 2013.
- Tim Mulcahy, Lennar Multifamily Division President Mid-Atlantic and Northeast
- Mark Viani, Attorney, Bean Kinney. He was elected to the Board in 2014. He currently is the Chair of SFDCs’ Economic Development Committee.
- Katherine Ward, a retired USAF Colonel, is a licensed real estate agent focusing on commercial and residential clients as a member of Long and Foster Realtors.
- Ellen Young is a civic association president and the appointee of the Mount Vernon Council of Civic Associations. She joined the Board in 2014.