- North Gateway: This area is an entry point to historic Richmond Highway from points north including Washington, DC, Old Town Alexandria and the Capital Beltway. This prominent location features nearly 350,000 square feet of office space and is an ideal location for businesses that need quick access to both the Pentagon and the Patent and Trademark Office. The North Gateway Commercial Business Center is the exact midpoint between Washington D.C. and Fort Belvoir. The Huntington Metro station, one of 5 metro stations in Fairfax County prior to the completion of the Silver line, is a short walk or bus ride away on Huntington Avenue.
- Penn Daw: Located less than a mile from the Huntington Metro station, this area is transitioning from a highway-oriented retail area to a hub of urban mixed-use activity. Three mixed-use developments containing about 1,000 market-rate apartment units and ground level retail, dining, and entertainment uses are planned on the sites of three existing low density commercial properties on the west side of Richmond Highway. On the east site JBG Rosenfeld is building new pad retail sites at Kings Crossing and plans additional mixed-use development.
- Groveton: This Community Business Center is at one of the highest points in the D.C metropolitan area with views of and beyond Tysons Corner and the Washington Monument. Beacon Center serves as a focal point and features several national retailers. The mixed-use Beacon of Groveton development is set to open in summer 2012. Located next to the Beacon Center, this project includes 290 market-rate apartments and represents the first urban scale mixed-use development ever built on Richmond Highway.
- Hybla Valley: The Mount Vernon Plaza is the focal point of this Community Business Center (CBC). This shopping center provides over 560,000 square feet of retail space and includes large national retailers. Surrounding the Mount Vernon Plaza are areas of retail, dining, and service businesses. The CBC will feature a brand new Costco that is currently under construction and set to open in 2013.
- Mount Zephyr: The central feature to this area is the South County Center. The center, operated by Fairfax County government provides social services to a diverse clientele. Active residential neighborhoods surround this area, and about 500 residential units are planned between the intersections of Buckman Road and Janna Lee Avenue. The area is connected to residential neighborhoods to the east via Mount Vernon Memorial Highway (Route 235).
- Woodlawn: The Woodlawn CBC abuts Fort Belvoir and is emerging as a regional center of hospitality activity. The intersection of Richmond Highway and Mount Vernon Memorial Highway is the gateway to many historical attractions such as Woodlawn Plantation, George Washington’s Mount Vernon Estate and Grist Mill and Frank Lloyd Wright’s Pope-Leighey House. Jeff Todd Way, a brand new east-west connector to Telegraph Road, is under construction and is scheduled to be open in 2013. In the coming years, the National Army Museum will be located just 2 miles south of the Woodlawn area on the Fairfax County Parkway.