Date(s) - September 16, 2017
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
West Potomac High School
Categories No Categories
From the Fairfax County Government:
- Stop by to participate in planning the future of Richmond Highway!
- Share your thoughts and ideas with county staff and your neighbors on future development and priority needs for the corridor.
- Project overview presentations offered periodically throughout the morning.
- Virginia Department of Transportation staff will answer questions about the Route 1 widening project from Jeff Todd Way to Napper Road.
- Light refreshments provided.
What is Embark?
Embark Richmond Highway is an initiative focused on creating a multimodal future for Richmond Highway Corridor where residents, workers, and visitors can walk, bike, or drive to the places they want to go. This effort responds to recommendations from the Route 1 Multimodal Alternatives Analysis,conducted by the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation (DRPT) and intends to assess and refine the recommendations from the study by providing more detailed guidance in the Comprehensive Plan for the implementation of transit in the corridor. Embark Richmond Highway also includes coordination with the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and federal agencies to conduct Environmental Assessments (EAs). Click here to learn more about Embark.